Pra Tamnak Lang (ตำหนักล่าง)
Located in the northern corner of Gana Soong (to the south of Gana Tamnak) is Tamnak Lang, once occupied by Somdet Pra Maha Somana Chao Krom Praya Vajiranyanavarorasa, before he became abbot. This residence was commissioned by his elder half-brother, King Chulalongkorn, in 1890.
After His Holiness became abbot he moved to Tamnak Chan and allowed his former residence to be used as a school for monks and novices. Since then, this building has had many functions, including housing the fledging Mahamakut Buddhist University, the Training Institute for Bhikkhus going Abroad, etc. At present, the building is used for special functions only, for example, the bicentennial birth exhibition of Somdet Phra Maha Samana Chao Krom Phraya Pavaret Variyalongkorn, which took place last year (2009).
Next Pra Tamnak Panya