Located at the base of the chedi are four, one-story structures with Chinese style roofs, known as Sala Rusee (Hermit Pavilions). In 1851, Rama IIIs became seriously ill. Prince Mongkut, raised the funds to build these structures in hopes that the dedication of merit would aid the king in his recovery.
Niches lined the inner walls of each structure. Within the niches were small figurines of hermits, in various poses, similar to the figures at Wat Phra Chetuponwimolmangalaram (Wat Pho), though on a much smaller scale. There were also stone inscriptions found in these pavilions, describing recipes for herbal medicine. Unfortunately, none of these figurines remain intact, and some of the inscriptions have been discarded during renovations.